- Campbell, Killis, "Bibliographical Notes on Poe — I,"
LXXXIX, No. 2321, December 23, 1909), pp. 623-624 and "News for
(The Nation, XCIII, No. 2416, October 19, 11), pp. 362-363. (In
the first of these articles, Campbell, commenting on the Harrison
of Poe's works (1902), lists a large number of items from The
Journal which he thinks Harrison had mistakenly omitted. In the
article, Campbell mentions one other item. Reflecting in 1933 on his
bibliographcial surveys of Poe, Campbell comments, "See the Nation
of December 23, 1909, pp. 623 f., for a list of some twenty-five brief
articles published in these magazines [The Broadway Journal,
which are probably Poe's, but which have not yet been fully
("The Poe Canon," The Mind of Poe, 1933, p. 236, footnote 3).)
- Heartman, Charles F. and James R. Canny, A
of the Writings of Edgar Allan Poe, Hattiesburg, Mississippi: The
Farm, 1943, pp. 249-262.
- Hull, William Doyle, A Canon of the Critical
Works of Edgar
With a Study of Poe as Editor and Reviewer, unpublished doctoral
The University of Virginia, 1941.
- Mabbott, Thomas Ollive, ed., The Collected Works
vols. I: Poems and II - III: Tales & Sketches, Cambridge:
Press of Harvard University Press, 1978. (In particular, vol. I,
pp. 331 and 444)
- Mott, Frank Luther, "The Broadway Journal," A
Magazines, pp. 757-762.
- Phillips, Mary E., Edgar Allan Poe the Man,
Co., 2 vols, 1926, (numerous references).
- Pollin, Burton R., The Collected Writings of
Edgar Allan Poe:
3 and 4: Writings in The Broadway Journal, Nonfictional Prose, New
York: The Gordian Press, 1986. (Volume 4 is notes and volume 3
actual texts for this edition, reproduced photographically from the
issues. The layout and arrangements of columns, however, has been
to appropriately fit the pages of the book.)
- Quinn, Arthur H., Edgar Allan Poe, A Critical