- Anonymous, "Dead Maroncelli Honored," New York
Times, July 21, 1886, p. 8
- Heartman, Charles F. and James R. Canny, A Bibliography of First Printings of the
Writings of Edgar Allan Poe,
Hattiesburg, MS: The Book Farm, 1943.
- Lograsso, Angeline H., "Poe's Piero Maroncelli," PMLA,
- Mabbott, Thomas Ollive, ed., The Collected Works
Allan Poe (Vols 2-3 Tales and Sketches), Cambridge, Mass.:
of Harvard University Press, 1978. (Second printing 1979)
- Reece, James B., Poe and the New York Literati: A
Study of the "Literati" Sketches and of Poe's Relations with the
NewYork Writers, unpublished doctoral dissertation, Duke
- Thomas, Dwight and David K. Jackson, The Poe Log:
A Documentary Life
of Edgar Allan Poe 1809-1849, Boston: G. K. Hall & Sons, 1987.