- Duyckinck, E. A. and G. L.,
"Sarah Helen Whitman," Cyclopedia of American Literature,
York: Charles Scribner, 1856, 2:487-490
- Heartman, Charles F. and James R. Canny, A Bibliography of First Printings of the
Writings of Edgar Allan Poe,
Hattiesburg, MS: The Book Farm, 1943.
- Mabbott, Thomas Ollive, ed., The Collected Works
Allan Poe (Vols 2-3 Tales and Sketches), Cambridge, Mass.:
of Harvard University Press, 1978. (Second printing 1979)
- Miller, John Carl, Poe's Helen Remembers,
Charlottesville, VA: University Press of Virginia, 1979.
- Phillips, Elizabeth, "Sarah Helen Power Whitman," American
Women Writers: A Critical Reference Guide from Colonial Times to the
Present, ed. Lina Mainiero, New York: Frederick Ungar Publishing,
- Thomas, Dwight and David K. Jackson, The Poe Log:
A Documentary Life
of Edgar Allan Poe 1809-1849, Boston: G. K. Hall & Sons, 1987.